Transport Planning Unit pledges a bright vision of being a leading transport policy and planning organization in the public sector of Pakistan. In particular, we envision to “Leading a dynamic, passionate and professional workforce affirmative about the future."
Transport Planning Unit aims at:
- Designing policies to guide development of a balanced transportation system in Punjab that in turn would promote public transport and protect the environment and enhance the safety of communities
- Reviewing existing transport policies, strategies and development programs ensuring that the transport development plans are sustainable, and would improve transport systems of the cities on the continuous basis in harmony with the city’s growth
- Conducting transport planning studies to develop comprehensive long term transportation plans, which support the mobility needs and economic development of cities in Punjab
- Preparing Transportation Improvement Programs and Traffic Management Plans for various cities of Punjab
- Developing a team of professionals who can undertake responsibility to purse the planning process with available indigenous resources in various districts throughout the province
Axle Load Management Regime
Government of Punjab has significantly improved road infrastructure in Punjab. The rapid deterioration of pavement due to overloaded vehicles causes economic loss to the country..
Vehicle Inspection and Certification System (VICS)
Transport Department, Government of the Punjab initiated VICS project to establish, state of the art 39 VICS stations in all districts of Punjab in PPP mode. An international Swedish firm M/s Opus inspection was selected in 2015.
Sheikhupura Urban Transport Master Plan (SUTMP)
Sheikhupura or (Shekhupura, Shekhu Pura) is an industrial city in the Punjab province of Pakistan located northwest of metropolis of Lahore. It is known for its historical places, and is commonly known locally as "Qila (fort) Shaikhupura”..
Comprehensive Study for the Public Transport System in the Gujrat City
Gujrat city is an important industrial hub of Punjab as well as the capital of Gujrat District. Gujrat surrounded by many villages and towns is situated on the bank of Chenab River, which serves as passenger origin and destinations.
Identification of Urban and Sub-Urban Bus Routes for Sialkot City
The Transport Department (TD) as per its responsibilities has introduced new urban buses in the major cities of the Punjab to provide efficient, comfortable, safe, and economical public transport throughout the Punjab.